Thursday, February 11, 2010

My 2nd Mantel Party!!!!


I am participating in my 2nd matel party over on Beth's blog The Stories of A to Z.

If you missed my first one you can see it
here.







I have been searching for the perfect mirror to hang over the fireplace. The other mirror I had there was to small to hang (it looked funny when I tried it out) so I just had it leaning against the wall.

Marshalls and TJ Maxx has some great wall mirrors, but I haven't loved any of them I came across in the past few months. Target (one of my favorite store) had exactly what I was looking for. I was so excited when I came across this black circle mirror.

Target Black Circle Mirror


I knew it was prefect when I saw it, but I didn't buy it. I slept on it and decided if I really loved it. I did love and I knew I had to go back and get it, plus it was on clearance for almost 50% off! It was the last one, and if it was still there I would make it mine! Sure enough it was meant to be!! :O) I really like how it make the fireplace the main focus point in the living room.

I bought the orchids at Lowes on clearance for $5 each for the 2 small ones (regular $20 a piece)and $14 for the bigger one (regular $29 a piece).



This guy I bought last year. I did have another one, but it died. I saved all my receipts this time because Lowes and Home Depot guarantee all their plants for one year and will refund you as ling as you have your receipt.



The big guy is on the side table.



Thanks for stopping by and checking out our mantel! I will be sure to join the mantel party again next time I switch it up!!

XO,

12 comments:

Your Mommy Friend Lori said...

Looks great! I posted under you on on younghouselove, lol! I'll be checking back next time! I'm always looking for ideas.

Corin said...

Love the mirror! I love this party. It makes me want a mantel more (we don't have one).

Grammie Linda said...

Very pretty!!!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

You lucky thrifty girl you! I have a very similar mirror that I purchased online from Walmart to go in my bedroom. I was thinking of pulling it out of it's current holding place and sticking it up on my mantel. You've convinced me that I definitely should! Looks great :).

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Woo hoo!!! The mirror is fabulous.

Amber said...

omg Kelly!!! I LOVE it!! And I thnk my favorite purchases are always one I let sit and resonate before I decide to take the plunge! Love it!

Marianne@Songbird said...

I love the simple lines and colors on your mantel!
When it comes to orchides most day because of overwatering. It just needs a drop of water once a week and no more. I usually make mine bloom for three years and then their shape is all gone and I replace them.

MrsKBJ said...

Thanks everyone! I look forward to checking out all the lovely mantels later on this evening!!

Jessi said...

Beautiful! Your orchids are gorgeous. I wish I had a green thumb. I have to use fake orchids! And that is a great mirror...I've eyed it up at Target, too! Thanks for sharing.

Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

What a beautiful mirror and a lovely mantel!

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings, Grace

Chari said...

Hi Kelly...

My friend, I think you made a great decision in purchasing that beautiful chunky framed mirror for your mantel...it's gorgeous and really does make a statement! I also love the pretty orchids and the beautiful aqua and green colored glass bottles...gorgeous!!! These pretty colors certainly give your mantel a spring feel...which I love!!! Thank you for sharing your fabulous mantel decor with us!!!

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Valentine's Day, my friend!

Chari @Happy To Design

Stephenie from Decorating Addiction said...

I like your mantel a lot. I think the mantel parties on Stories of A to Z must have ended b/c I went there and couldn't find it.

Anyway - you were featured on The Lettered Cottage for this mantel. I was as well, so I figured I'd go congratulate all the lucky mantel designers! Congrats!