Thursday, March 11, 2010

Master Bath- BEFORE

My latest project has been tackling the final details of the master bath. We did most of the work before we moved in, such as replacing the flooring, putting in a new toilet, painting, replacing the sink/ vanity top, installing a new faucet, replaced the light fixture, and replaced the mirror.


The last and final things I wanted to do were:


  • Paint the vanity

  • Vanity hardware

  • Install a hand towel ring

  • Baby proof the cabinets (Madison is pretty good about staying out of them and there are no chemicals that can hurt her) But, every now and then she will get into it and she already chewed up 2 of my tooth brushes. So it is way over due to baby proof them.


Here are the before pictures of the bathroom when we bought the house about 2 years ago.





New vanity we bought from a local outlet.
The dogs thought it was for them :O)





Here is what the bathroom looked like last week.

I love my shower curtain that I bought about 6 months ago from Target. Unfortunately, last time I washed it I shrunk it in the dryer. I always hang it, and totally forgot :O( Target didn't have them in my store anymore, but I did find in online. I bought it in extra long so I can hang it higher too. I will be sure not to put that one in the dryer!!

Speaking of shower curtains......We have been using a fabric liner instead of those plastic ones and I LOVE it!!! I just throw it in the wash once in a while. I bought ours on amazon. I need to get one for the spare bath. The fabric shower curtain liner is great because you don't get all those PVC gasses that are potential hormone disruptors. Plus, they are super easy to throw in the washer (and you can dry them on low) instead of buying a new plastic one every few months (I think I was buying a new one every 6 months). I'd throw away the old on once it became covered with mildew on the bottom. These plastic/PVC shower curtains never breakdown and they are difficult to recycle. Plastic shower curtains are just plain bad news. I highly recommend you look into replacing yours when it is time to buy a new liner.

Anyways, I am recycling my old regular shower curtain that I shrunk and making it into a cute new curtain for the master bath window. We'll see how that goes!! :o) I don't have a sewing machine.


Stay tuned for the After pictures and the curtain!!



If you missed our spare bath/ Madison's bathroom renovation, you can check out that post HERE. I just updated it with before pictures, which I forgot to include when I first posted.


Happy weekend!! I hope everyone does something fun!!

We are going to a friends PI party on Sunday. Since it is 3/14 and all, it is a great idea. There will be math games and lots of pie. It should be a fun afternoon!!

7 comments:

Nikkie Mac said...

I bought a cloth liner last year some time an dI love it too! I love your big bathroom! i want my own bathroom lol, I would have to biuld an addition. Have fun!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your bath looks wonderful! I have been meaning to buy a cloth liner and keep forgetting. I change up my shower curtain and towels about every three months and always throw a new liner up too. I'll have to look!

xoxo
Janie

Josh, Dana and Zachary said...

WOW! You are so great with all your projects! If you need to use a sewing machine let me know---mine is easy to transport :)

MrsKBJ said...

Thanks Dana! I was going to looking into no sew tape. LOL! I don't know the exact name, but I heard it is pretty amazing stuff, we'll see ;) or I may just do it the old fashioned was with needle and thread. My window is only like 20" so it shouldn't be too bad! But, thanks for the offer! If I decide I need a machine I know where to find one :)

Corin said...

I can't wait to see the after! And I love the idea of a fabric bath liner.

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Congrats on the redo! And you don't need a sewing machine to make a curtain just some scissors, stitch witchery and an iron! Love your shower curtain too :).

Mrs. Dew said...

Lookin good! Can't WAIT to see the afters!