Sunday, March 14, 2010

Whatcha Got Cooking??


It may not look delicious, but it sure does smell good!! That is all that matters because this isn't something you eat anyway!! :O)

As I type my house smells so good!!

This is a recipe for a natural home smell good concoction. You just simmer in water a few orange peels (I used grapefruit), a couple of cinnamon sticks, and some ground clove. I read you can also simmer a gallon of vinegar to keep things fresh. I could smell it through the whole house in a matter of about 15 minutes.

I learned this recipe from one of my favorite Blogs,
Young House Love and they did a poll to see what every ones favorite way to keep their home smelling fresh. I am a big fan of opening up the windows and letting the fresh air blow through the house. I love to do that on a good windy day, but you only can do that when the temperature allows. I used to be a HUGE fan of Yankee Candles and Bath and Body works plug ins, but recently my allergies and sinuses aren't loving them. So I like to go more natural now. Plus, eliminating all the artificial scents are better for your health. For more great tips visit YHL's blog. Just click HERE to read some great tips from their readers. Ciao!!

2 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Great tip. Did you like the smell of the grapefruit peels?

xoxo
Jane

MrsKBJ said...

Hi jane!
I put a lot of clove it, so honestly I didn't smell much of a citrus smell. I will have to just try grapefruit next time. :) I bet lemons would be nice too!