Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Apple and Sage Pork Chops and a couple other tid bits.

We don't have pork chops for dinner very often. Chicken seems to be our meat of choice. But, every now and then I like to spice things up.

A couple of weeks ago while I was grocery shopping, I came across something new in the spice isle. (I just happened to have my camera with me, so yes I was that crazy lady snapping away pictures for my blog.)

Remember this picture?


Here are a couple more just for fun.


That was the same day I came across these....


Has anyone seen or tried these? I bought 2- the Apple and Sage Pork Chops and the Rosemary Roasted Chicken and Potatoes. I have A LOT of spices, but I didn't have sage and allspice, so I didn't mind buying them and in the future I could just buy the spice since I have the recipe now (which is on the back of the package). Plus, I am a sucker for all things organized, quick and easy. Who can resist a pre made package with all individually all ready measured out amounts of your spices. It was A huge time saver. I am looking forward to dinner with the chicken one.

JR and I both really liked the Apple and Sage Pork Chops. It is defiantly a keeper and I will be making in again. I might even buy the little pre measured pack again, because I accidental ripped the recipe card in half while opening it. Ooops!!



The only ingredient I didn't have was the apples, but we did have apple sauce on the side. I almost forgot to take an a picture!


I haven't used the chicken one, but when I do I will be sure to let you know how that dish turns out.

Also, do you remember
this mothers day post? Well, JR took a a couple beautiful pics to capture all his hard work.



These were my flowers on Friday. I got to enjoy them throughout the house this weekend. Unfortunately, they are in flower heaven now.


And last but not least..... For all you Madison fans, here ya go!!

Madison was feeding the dogs some treats, and I think she must of had one in the farm. They don't usually get so excited to play with her. lol!!





2 comments:

bagfashionista said...

mmmm....the dinner looks DELISH!! hmmm..i think i'm going to add baked beans to our dinner tonight! =D

Grammie Linda said...

YUMMY !!! The chops & ribs look so good. I've seen those spices great idea, Miss Madison you always make me smile love the video, thanks mommy for sharing and keeping us updated