Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Fun Creation Project

A couple weeks ago at house church JR and I lead the discussion on Creation. We are currently studying Wayne Grudem's book Christian Beliefs.


It is a great book and we'd love to get his larger book- Systematic Theology

For one part of the lesson I thought it would be fun to bring in a prop. Who doesn't like visual aids, plus something that is edible.

I found this fun Gingerbread project online and thought I'd give it a try.

First you have the dough- God formed Adam from the dust of the earth. We are all made from the same matter just as the Gingerbread men are all made from the same batch of dough.

The cookie cutter- We are all made the same way no matter what color or ethnic group we come from. We are all created in God's image.

Baked- Once the Gingerbread men are baked, you will not find any Gingerbread man exactly identical. Even if we are made from the same "dough," we are also unique and special.

Especially my Gingerbread men. lol!! This is the first time I have ever made gingerbread and some of them fell apart. I said that it was ok. It doesn't have to be perfect. Nobody is perfect and some people are missing arms and legs, so in the end they looked perfect anyway.

Yumm! I added a powder sugar glaze.

I thought it was a neat project you can share with children to help them understand Creation better. Everyone at house church seemed to enjoy it. Check this out!
Our body is made up of Laminin. They are major proteins in the the body that are the foundation for most cells and organs. Our body is made up of these little guys, they are the glue that holds us together.....

Check out this video, it is amazing!

1 comment:

Grammie Linda said...

I never stop learning from you......