Sunday, May 2, 2010

Poppies at Play Linky Party!


I am joining the fun over at Poppies at Play! I am a couple of days late, but it looks like you can still join the party!

I was so sad I missed the Spring Parade of Homes in our neighborhood. It was a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was in May.

Then last week I discovered the blog Parade of Homes!! YAY!! I was super excited and really enjoyed peeking in everyones windows last week. If you missed it, you can still see all the homes right here --->Poppies at Play Parade of Homes

On Friday there was a linky party which you can check out here if you missed that.Poppies at Play linky party

I wanted to join in on the fun, but it was hard to pick just one favorite room. So I am sharing our living room and Madison's room.

Welcome to our living room. Sit back and relax!
Here is a chair I have been working on (below lower left). It looks finished, but it just has primer and the cushion is just sitting on top for the picture. After I took the pictures, I brought the chair to the garage to finishing it. Hopefully next week I can share the before and after pictures. I find it is easier to work on weekends while JR can watch Madison. Maybe I will have to work it in during nap time.

I made the fireplace cushion when Madison started crawling.
I am not sure if I LOVE my mantel right now. I changed it 3 times in the past week. Hopefully I will get it the way I like it soon. I was trying to do a beachy summer theme.





Ottoman from Walmart. Free site to store shipping. It is great for extra storage and we are very happy with it.




I love this lamp shade I found at Target last year.


Madison's play area off the living room.

Note to self: Hopefully next home will have a basement, family room/den, or spare bedroom that can be turned into a play room.


Welcome to Madison's Room!




These letters took so long to make! I wished we picked a 3 or 4 letter name in the middle of working on the them. lol!!




Thanks for stopping by! Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite! Have a wonderful week!!

5 comments:

Reid said...

I love the shelving and placement of items. I love the touch of blue you have through your den. And I just bought one of those hourglasses Friday! I LOVE mine and it's on my mantel too. (pics coming soon of that transformation)
Great job!

MrsKBJ said...

Thanks for stopping by and the sweet comments Reid! I will have to be on the look out for your mantel. I almost returned the hourglass, I am glad I kept it!:)

Grammie Linda said...

You made your house a HOME.

Andy Porter said...

It looks beautiful! You have done such a wonderful job with your home! The white mantel is stunning and I love all the little details you've added. What a good idea to put a cushion on there! I'm sure that save your little one a lot of pain!

Thanks so much for visiting the parade and LINKING to it! It's been a pleasure to be able to see your home!

XOXO,
Andy

Carol said...

Beautiful rooms! I love your accessories...and how lucky is Madison!!! What a great little girl's room!