Friday, May 14, 2010

Reuseable Shopping Bags

I haven't recycled my whole life or been very green and earth conscience until a few years ago. I met a wonderful friend named Catherine. We met in college and later worked in the same dental office. She really opened my eyes to recycling. She is so passionate about it and loves anything that has to do with saving the earth. She gifted me with my first reusable grocery bag. We had buddy bags at work and she gave everyone a bag. I loved it so much that I bought 3 more. Thanks Cathy!! :O)


JR and I started recycling a few years ago and haven't stopped since.


My sister in law gave me this bag a few years ago. I love it and use it all the time. It is great for holding my grocery bags and holding magazines for road trips. It is from LL Bean, they make some great totes. Thanks Nikkie!! :O)

A few weeks ago Target was giving away bags with any purchase. I walked out with one of these guys. Thanks Target!! :O)

I also have one of these Envirosak's. They are great and even roll into a ball for easy travel and nice size for your purse.



Do you have a favorite reusable shopping bag?

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the reusable bags and try to remember to bring them with me shopping. Your post is a great reminder to do all that we can!

xoxo
Jane

Lys said...

I have a big commissary one...that is my church bag, what with all the kid stuff I have to take in addition to my own scriptures, wallet, etc.

We use the paper grocery bags to collect recycleables in the kitchen. Mostly it's just me.

Nikkie Mac said...

I Love my new ikea ones I picked up when we went to visit you guys. They are huge and sturdy. Someone gave me a great idea once to buy and use reusable shopping bags as gift bags instead of buying paper gift bags. I love that idea!