Wednesday, June 16, 2010

10 Years Ago


I graduated from high school 10 years ago. Holy Moly! Time flies! I have to say my favorite high school memory would have to be JR. We met 10 years ago in high school. I asked him to my prom and we have been together ever since. I was super shy, so it was really crazy that I did that- but I am glad I did!!

Not many people know this, but I really did know we would be together forever and ever one day. I remember one day seeing him at school in the lobby by the window and I all of a sudden got this really strange feeling. Everything around me was in slow motion and I felt like I was going to pass out. My head was spinning and I was very dizzy. I knew at that very moment this guy was going to be part of my life. It is so hard to explain, but I just knew. I didn't even know him yet. I had never seen him before that day. This was the beginning of my senior year. Fast forward a couple of weeks later I found out he just moved to the area and he lived behind one of my friends and the rest was history. Yeah, I'd say that he was the highlight of my high school experience. :O)

The previous years weren't as exciting. I moved to a new town the summer before I started high school. It was a small town and most everyone grew up together. I met a lot of nice wonderful people and I also met a few not so nice people. I was super shy and I wish I could be more like I am now and not as shy and willing to put myself out there. I get along with everyone, but I say most of my friends were guys since I didn't like the drama of girls. If I could redo high school again, I would tell my 15yr old self to enjoy this experience because it would go by too quick. I would not be so shy and I would try more new things and be more adventurous. I would of signed up for home economics (I always wanted to take this class, but it was full), tried out for more sports, learned how to sing or play an instrument, and took more art classes. I wouldn't of done work study my senior year. (I had all my credits, so instead of going to school and taking random classes I worked on my off days with a work study program at school). I bought and paid off my car and was able to pay for my car insurance, cell phone and had a little extra cash for shopping. But, I wish I used that time to enjoy my senior year, take more pre college classes (so I didn't have to take classes like Algebra II my first year of college), and maybe even did some Cheerleading in there. I think that would of been so much fun.

I can't complain though. I had a learned a lot in high school. I learned who I was and what I didn't want to be. I learned I lived a very sheltered life and there are lots of crazy things out there. I learned you have to work for what you want and nothing is just handed to you. I don't have any crazy high school stories or for that matter any crazy college stories to share. I never partied or even smoked a cigarette or anything for that matter. I always made good grades and did the right thing.

These past 10 years have been so wonderful. Each year just gets better and better. I hope Madison's school experience is just like mine. If she is anything like me or JR I will not have to worry one bit. I know she will always make the right choices. Even is she does mess up, she will learn from her mistakes and that only makes you learn more. Nobody is perfect. I think she will be pretty close though!! :O)

5 comments:

Corin said...

OMG! I wore that same exact dress to my winter formal except it was baby blue!

Anonymous said...

Babes, I love you! You're amazing and I look forward to many more 10's of years with you!

Grammie Linda said...

You both are amazing, so blessed to have you all in my life..xo and yes the tearing are flowing down my face. LOVE YA's

Blondie's Journal said...

What a sweet story, Kelly. I feel like I know you so much better. Wishing you and JR many more years!

xoxo
Jane

Grammie Linda said...

Didn't you have fun me teaching you how to drive? LOL