Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chair- Before and After

We found this chair at the base garage sale last year. It was only $5.00! Plus a few bucks for the fabric. I already had the paint. I am glad I am finally finished with it!!!

BEFORE


AFTER


We (Madison) :O) finished up the final touches last night.




This project took a little longer than I wanted it to. After I sanded it, I used white spray paint and it looked great after priming it and putting 2 coats on. But, I wanted it to be perfect. I saw some drips and wanted to sand them and then when I sprayed it again to touch up, it bubbled. So after lots on sanding and repainting again it was back to looking good. Then....... I put the the polyurethane on and then it bubbled again. Grrrrr. After a little break I went back to finishing it. I sanded again to remove the polyurethane and get the bubbles/ crackling out, repainted with regular paint using a foam brush, did another coat, and then put on water based polyurethane using a foam brush. I learned I like water based poly better from another project that turned a bit yellow from the other polyurethane I had used. Glad to be done with this and check it off my list of things to do!


I think I will refinish this little bench next. I have 2 other big projects that I have been working on- on and off. I have lots of things I start and then never finish. I need to work on finishing one thing at a time. I have a desk I am working on, I want to refinish our entry way bench, I need to finish sorting and organizing old photos, and finish Madison's baby book and bbay scrap book. I am sure I can think of a few more things to add to this list too!! lol!!

But, this is my next wood project. I have a couple of oops paints from Lowes (you know, the ones they mark down to a couple of bucks because it wasn't the right color for the customer). I have a pretty grey that I think would look nice.

Some more Madison pics!! :O)



I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!! Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the chair. Nicely done. Madison looks like a great helper!

xoxo
Jane

Corin said...

Awesome job!

Grammie Linda said...

The chair turned out awesome, great job. Its wonderful having a helper too.