Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thrifty Finds

Last week Madison and I found these at Goodwill. I try to go once or twice a month to browse. The last time I went I was super disappointed. I found this huge conch shell, but it turns out it was an end cap decor item and wasn't for sale. I went in the next week to stalk it and it was GONE! I was hoping to scoop it up when they decided to sell it, and somebody beat me to it! Oh, well.

It is always hit or miss, but it is fun and exciting to check out all the treasures.

Last week, Madison fell asleep in the stroller, so I actually could take my time going up and down all the home isles.

I have a couple of bags to drop off, I am looking forward to our next trip. You never know what you are going to find.

This trip I found two things I always keep an eye out for. I love milk glass and I always check out the frames and painting section.

This guy was $1.99

I found my first oil painting. I want to keep my eye out for 2 more nautical ones to group them on the wall. This one was only $14.99.

After I cleaned it and gave it a little love.......

All done!


5 comments:

Grammie Linda said...

A beautiful make over frame

Amanda said...

It's amazing what a difference painting the frame made! When I first saw it, I was kinda "eh," but seeing it in the white frame made all the difference in the world. Gorgeous!

Blondie's Journal said...

You did great {I loved when my kids fell asleep in the stroller...I was so much more productive!!}. I love the milk glass and the painting is gorgeous! Now if you can find a big shell...

xoxo
Janie

Dawn said...

Hi,

I love Goodwill too. Let's go sometime!!

Caitlin @ That House on the Corner said...

I love the little vase, so charming!

xoxo,
Caitlin @ That House on the Corner