Saturday, July 24, 2010

Fresh Coat Friday!


Visit Holly over at Life in the Fun Lane and join the fun!


I don't think I ever posted my fireplace transformation. I wish I had a better before picture. I found a picture from when we first moved in that will have to do.

BEFORE



AFTER

I have been debating over and over about painting the brick white. I am so undecided. If we had a solid wall of brick I would defiantly paint it all white, but I think I like the little pop of brick. I also played with the idea of putting natural stone tile on it. I just don't know if I want to pay $80.00 for the project. What would you do? Paint it or leave it!?

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!

6 comments:

julie said...

looks great!

Grammie Linda said...

looks great with the brick pop....

Julie said...

I think it looks great, too! What an update!

Mrs. Dew said...

Presto change-o! looks amazing! I think I like the brick, I'd need to see the whole room to be sure ;-)

Shelby said...

so beautiful! I would definitely leave the brick the color it is. It's so beautiful and gives it a great dimension. And once you paint brick, you can never go back...(or if you can I'm sure it would be really hard!) I love how you've decorated your entire house. You've got such a great design eye!

Denise Marie said...

I think it looks great. Leave it for now and enjoy the slight stoney texture. I think it is perfect. You should see mine. I've not known how to re-do it for 16 years. Maybe you'll love it or maybe you'll want that splurge later. :0)