Monday, August 9, 2010

Kitchen- DONE!


Finally!! I can say our kitchen is officially DONE!! It has taken 3 years but, little by little we did everything ourselves. The backsplash should of been done a while ago. I just didn't know what I wanted to do until a few months ago. Then actually doing it took a little longer. But, it is done!

Update from THIS post. After the primer dried the breadboard wallpaper looked fine. Any bubbles went away. So I decided to go ahead and paint and see how it looked. It wound up being fine, so no extra work or tearing it out was needed.

Lets take a "walk" through our progress.

When we moved in the first thing to go was this horrible wall paper!!

My mom and JR.



Next, we painted.

We didn't plan on replacing the cabinets, but the previous owners were smokers. HEAVY smokers. We scrubbed and cleaned them a few times, but they still were awful. We wound up selling them on craigslist.







New cabinets from an outlet warehouse we found.

New light

Ripping out the cabinets.



New Cabinets











Amost done!




Installed hardware. Floors were next.

If you missed our tile reno. You can find them here....
DAY ONE, DAY TWO, DAY THREE, DAY FOUR, DAY FIVE, AND DAY SIX. We tackled the kitchen and front entryway over Christmas vacation last year.

Backsplash was the last thing on the list!










6 comments:

Mrs. Dew said...

Holy smokes that wallpaper was TERRIBLE! It looks so good now!

K~ said...

It looks great! I love the floors, did you buy that rug in front of your sink recently and do you remember where from?

Carolyn said...

It looks great!! love it all

MrsKBJ said...

Thank you!

K- the rug is from home depot. I love it because it us machine washable. No bleach though, I had to buy another because I ruined the first one adding bleach to the wash.

Grammie Linda said...

Great Kitchen make out. One thing though where did me & Ginger go. LOl

Crystal Escobar said...

oh wow! It looks absolutely amazing!!! I LOVE it! I love the wall color too, although I think you should have kept that wall paper :) ha!