Sunday, September 12, 2010

August

Where the heck did August go? Where did the summer go?!! I guess we were having fun, because it sure flew by! I got a little behind, so here are some pictures from last month that I never got around to sharing. Lets catch up!!!

Madison LOVES her new big girl bed. It only took 1 day for her to actually use it. After 1 nap and 1 night of sleeping on the floor, she finally gave in to a comfy bed.



Fun August playgroups on Thursdays.


Madison


Aden


Will


Dom




Will and Vera Gail


Connor


I some how missed Aprils kiddos. Sorry Abigail, Jacob, and Benjamin!! Next time we will get one!

This guy attacked me after a Micheal's Craft Store shopping trip. Madison and I put our bag in the trunk and he jumped right on my head and landed in my trunk. He was huge!! I had to shoo him out and it climbed to the top on the car and jumped at least 15 feet across the parking lot. Female praying mantis's eat their mates head after mating, so I wasn't touching it. I am glad it left without a fight. He or she is very pretty though. The picture doesn't do it justice. We were having a staring contest for a few seconds before I figured out what hit me on the head. I remember thinking how beautiful it was.


Some other interesting facts: They have excellent eye sight and they can see up to 18 meters (60 feet) away. They are not dangerous creatures (well at least not to the humans) and their average lifespan is around 12 months.

praying mantis vs mouse




Fun at the Farm





Sampson the baby cow






Mommy cow and baby Sampson

Mommy horse and baby Lilly


Mommy and baby Madison


I hope everyone had a wonderful summer!!

No comments: