Thursday, October 28, 2010

Maclura pomifera AKA Monkey Brains AKA Horse Apples


Have you heard of these? I read about them a few weeks ago. I can't remember where I learned about them. I think I stumbled upon them on another blog.

Well, last week at playgroup we stumbled upon them in real life. They are much bigger heavier that I expected. But, as soon as I saw them, I was excited I kinda knew what them were, lol!





To learn more about these funny looking fruits check out Wikipedia... click HERE. I haven't had a chance to read the whole page, but they seem to keep bugs away. That can be a plus! Maybe I will get some more.......

P.S If anyone cares I broke one open and it was gooey inside. It didn't have a strong smell.

1 comment:

Grammie Linda said...

I going to looking around for one of them, I really like it..