Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our Year in a Nutshell- Year in Review 2010

Hello and THANK YOU!

This has been such a fun year of blogging! I'm so thankful for my readers and each and every lovely comment from you all. Weather you comment on the actual blog post, on my face book post, or email me. I read every single comment and they bring a smile to my face to know someone is actually reading my little blog. I try to keep up with all that is going on around here, and post it within the week. I have slacked a bit a few times. That just means we are having a ton of fun. The only way I keep up when things get busy is by making a list on post it notes of posts I have to blog about or post pictures of. There has been many a nights when I am up until 12 or 1 in the morning blogging away. It is harder to blog during the day when you have a 2 year old by your side. I have never been a diary or journal person, so I am surprised I have kept up with blogging for the past few years. I enjoy it A LOT. It is my escape and is very relaxing to me (when I don't have to upload 50 pictures that is, lol. That takes FOREVER!!) I enjoy sharing our daily adventures with friends and family and I love being able to look back at it all if I ever wanted to. There is no way this mommy brain will remember all of those details! I also enjoy reading all my favorite blogs out there in blog land. It is truly become one of my favorite hobbies. I secretly enjoy when Madison is napping or down for the night and I get to catch up on my reading. So thank you for joining me and being a part of our little blog world. I looking forward to sharing 2011 with all of you!

I thought it would be fun to look back at our adventures from each month of 2010. Lets take a look at some of the highlights from this past year.


(Just click on the topics in BLUE and it will take you right to the blog post if you'd like to read more about it.)
If you are a family member that gets my blog emails, you might have to click on my actual blog to be able to click and view it properly.

January
Discovering Jewel's Cherry Pie Recipe.
Yum! I FORGOT all about this!! I am so glad I am looking back! Note to self and to YOU.... make this soon!



We took on our biggest project EVER! We ripped out and retiled the entry way and kitchen. We actually did this over Christmas last year, but I just got around to posting it in January.




Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! I won a beautiful necklace from Lisa Leonard.

This is the one I picked.




Madison's first snowman.

PART 1- Pictures


PART 2- Videos



"A house is made with wood and beams and a home is made with love and dreams."
Unknown, Source

I discovered chalk board paint.



February
JR got braces


Madison turned 1 1/2



Happy Birthday to ME!!

Yikes- This just reminded me I will be the big 2-9 in a couple of months.

Beautiful roses from the hubs.


Valentines Day photo shoot

I will remember to mail out those card next year! lol! I am glad I came across this post :O)


MacAlister Family Visits!

We had a ton of fun! We met our new niece Maggie too!



We saw Wicked




March

I went blonde for the day.


JR even got a makeover. You will have to click to see that one again.


Madison and I went to see the Easter Bunny.

JR had a Birthday!


JR made a bird feeder.


Grandpa Nolan Visits


I made a curtain for the first time.



April

Happy Easter!

Part 1

Part 2



Master Bath Reno





May

Madison's First Circus




Happy Mothers Day!




Dining Out




June

JR's golfing workday




Maine Vacation to see Family over Memorial Day Weekend.




Fun at Fort Drum

Summer Fun and JR made Madison a picnic table.




Chair redo




Together 10 years


Happy Daddy Day JR!

Bench and Front Door makeover



July

Zoo day with friends

JR made Madison a book shelf

We had family pictures done and Madison's 2 yr pictures



Favorite Target deal EVER!



Won another blog giveaway!
Jen from
Jenny From the Blog made Madison's 2 year Bday announcements. LOVE them!! I highly recommend checking out here esty shop!


Crayon Lesson
We could learn a lot from crayons.

Some are sharp,
some are pretty,
some are dull,
while others are bright,
...some have weird names,
but they all have learned to live together in the same box.
~unknown


CSN Stores wanted me to do a review and gave us some freebies.

Summer Fest


August

Made some homemade salsa with tomatoes from the garden


Happy 2nd Birthday Madison

Happy 4 year wedding anniversay!



Our 2 year kitchen reno- DONE! Click for the before and afters!



Family Fun!

JR'S brother Matt, siter Nikkie, BIL Dan, neice Maria, and nephew Conner visits.

Kings Island Adventure


JR and Dan install our new backdoor.


JR and family visit their old Kentucky home.

Madison, Will, and Connor's 2nd Bithday. Nemo Party!



Waterpad and Playground Fun



JR and Matthew go to The Football Hall of Fame.



Carriage Hill Farm


Madison got a Big Girl Bed.



Dragons Game with Friends.

September

Steve Baptized JR


Dan visits on his way back home from training.


Labor Day weekend roadtrip to visit family in New York.


Fun with Grammie


My mom came for a visit and we had a ton of fun.

We went to the farm.


Did our First 5K together.



My mom watched Madison while JR and I went to a friends wedding. Congrats Ashley and Micheal!



We went to a local Metro Park.


Had fun at the playground.


Did some reading.


and went to the Country Living Fair.


October

We met Nikkie, Dan, Maria, and Conner at Niagra Falls.

Part 1







Part 2




Part 3- videos

Part 4- Fort Niagra



Halloween Photo Shoot


Madison used the Potty for the First Time



Story Time Halloween Party



Play Group Halloween Party


Myrna's Pumpkin Dip.
Soooo good! Click for recipe.



Happy Halloween!




November

Saw President Bush



Went to Chicago




I made an advent calendar.



Happy Thanksgiving! Turkey Cookies.



Madison's first time bowling.




Popovers- Click for Recipe.


December

Christmas Tree



Started Our Elf Tradition



Madison LOVES Gymnastics class



Ginger Had Her Nails Done



Christmas Parties




Christmas Photo Shoot



Gingerbread House



Cookie Swap



Madison Visits Santa



Merry Christmas!




This was such a wonderful year. I hope 2011 will be even better!

Happy New Year!
xoxo



3 comments:

DanielleisNesting said...

What a fantastic year! Wishing you the happiest of Happy New Years!

Grammie Linda said...

Happy Happy New Year!!!
And thank you for keeping me up to date with the miles between us....Looking forward to the coming year blogging xoxoxo

Nikkie Mac said...

I love looking at your blog!! Thank you!!