Sunday, February 27, 2011

1st Week of Meatless March {Meal Planning}

Yesterday I printed off a free printable March calendar and sat down and planned our meals for the whole month of March. I am excited. I really think we can go the whole month without any chicken or red meat. For breakfast I usually eat All bran cereal, and for lunch it is a grapefruit, left overs, or soup. So I am not worried about planning those meals. Madison will be pretty much eating what she normally eats for breakfast and lunch. She always eats what we have for dinner, so that might be a little trickier. She will still be eating sandwiches (with deli meat) and sometimes chicken tenders in case she doesn't like our dinner. I think she will be eating what we have 90% of the time.

Here is what the first week looks like.

Sunday, February 27th
Lasagna (I made a small one and froze it last time I made this meal. Yay for quick and easy meals. Just have to pop it in the oven.
Monday, February 28th
Meatball Heros.

Meatless March!
Tuesday, March 1st
Vegetarian Tacos (Black beans, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado)
Spanish rice
Wednesday, March 2nd
Today we have house church. We meet with friends, have dinner together, work on our study, pray, ect. We all bring something for dinner. I am making stuffed shells.
Thursday, March 3rd
French toast and eggs
Friday, March 4th
Homemade pizza- JR requested cheese. Madison and I will have pineapple pizza and also mushrooms, and green pepper on our pizza.
Saturday, March 5th
Creamy White Chili- I got this recipe from a friend- Thanks Shersti! :O) It is made with chicken, but I will just omit that.

1 comment:

Nikkie Mac said...

Have fun and enjoy it! Love veggie life!!