Monday, February 28, 2011

Our Last Meat Meal in February.

Today is our last day to eat meat until April!!

I had planned to make meatball heros, but I don't have any Italian bread, so I decided to make something else. Plus, since it is our last day to eat meat for a month, we should have something a little more exciting anyway.

I came across a pack of lamb loin chops I bought to make a couple of weeks ago. I forgot about them and they were hiding on the bottom of the freezer.


I have never cooked lamb before so I was searching online to find a recipe.

I will let you know how it is!

Herb and Garlic Lamb Loin Chops

Ingredients:
•8 lamb loin chops
•1/4 cup olive oil
•1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
•1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
•2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
•2 cloves garlic, minced
•zest of 1 lemon
•1 teaspoon salt
•1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation:
Combine olive oil, thyme, basil, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl. Dip lamb chops into mixture to coat evenly. Cover chops and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat grill. Place lamb chops on grill over a medium high heat. Grill about 5 minutes per side. Chops should be browned on both sides.

1 comment:

Grammie Linda said...

You LOVED Lamb, but changed as you got older