Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Meatless March {Day 1} Vegetarian Tacos

(Yesterday's meal) The lamb loin chop recipe below came out good. I cooked them on the stove top and they were very tender. I don't really care for lamb though (maybe that is why I have never cooked it, lol) JR thought it was good though.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of our vegetarian Tuesday Tacos today.

So I found this pretty one online...credit: HERE.


Our Tacos included soft tortilla shells, black beans, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, avocado, and jalapenos. (I forgot the shredded lettuce and tomatoes). Madison's loved them too!

We had Spanish rice on the side. I usually get the Mexican type. But, I think the spanish is better now!


My SIL sent me this recipe to try sometime: Tufo Taco Tuesdays.
Tofu Tacos

1 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. extra firm tofu, drained, pressed, and cut into cubes
1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
8 tortillas
8 oz. cooked black beans
8 oz. vegetarian refried beans
8 oz. corn
1 cup shredded lettuce
Guacamole, vegan sour cream, vegan cheese, and/or fresh salsa

I have never bought tufo. I have had it once or twice. We will have to try it in a couple weeks.

One day down and 30 more to go!! I am feeling good about the Meatless month. I have no doubt that we will have no problem eating no meat. I honestly think I could be a vegetarian always. JR likes meat and since I cook it for him, I have it too. But, for the past year or so I only eat a few bites and I am done.

As far as meal planning for Meatless March it is tricky. I always start with my meat and plan around that. It is fun to learn about new recipes. Online is great, friends have gave me recipes, and my SIL Nikkie sent us a couple of cookbooks.

Other exciting news...... We bought Madison 3 goldfish yesterday. She loves them Pictures coming soon!!

Tomorrow's meal- Stuffed Shell, salad and garlic bread.

1 comment:

Nikkie Mac said...

Yay Meatless MARCH!!