Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Meatless March {Week One}

I am not a very good food blogger, lol. I had plans on doing nightly posts on our meals, but that hasn't happened!

Let's recap Last week.

Tuesday, March 1st- Veggie Tacos. No picture :(
Our Tacos included soft tortilla shells, black beans, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, avocado, and jalapenos. Spanish Rice on the side.

Wednesday, March 2nd- It was suppose to be stuffed shells, but JR forgot to get the shells (he went grocery shopping last week). I didn't realize it until I had the water boiling and I just used what we had. So dinner turned into a "Pasta Bake".
Penne Pasta, Ricotta Cheese, Mozzarella, 2 eggs, and parsley and mixed together and baked.


Thursday, March 3rd- Left overs. Pasta, salad, and garlic bread.

Friday, March 4th- Homemade pizza. JR had cheese. Madison and I had Veggie.


Saturday, March 5th- JR went to a Men's Church Conference and had a Veggie sub for lunch. He said it was very good. I think he said there was Mozzarella, tomatoes, and red pepper on the sandwich. For dinner he had a Mexican meal with shrimp.

Madison had left over pizza and I had salsa and tortilla chips.

One week down!! I am not even craving meat. JR is doing ok. He is taking a class this week and is having a hard time with lunch. I think he ate tuna yesterday. I offered to make him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but he said no.

1 comment:

Grammie Linda said...

Good job.. not easy planning meals let alone meatless meals for the month.Loving the look of your pizza (my favorite)