Friday, April 22, 2011

New Wall Art

I love to frame scrapbook paper. Scrapbook paper is cheap and you can easily just switch it out when you get bored. I usually get my scrapbook paper from the local craft store, but a few months ago I came across the site..... Paper Mojo.

I tell ya, THIS paper sure got my mojo going. You better believe I was doing a happy dance especially after I saw the price........ $4.50. New wall art?? Yes please!!




I wish I had a huge empty wall to frame the whole sheet! I don't...... so I made due with what I had and cut it to the size that I needed. I was able to fill 5 frames with the one piece. I went with the black, gold, and silver color. The other colors are beautiful as well! I might need one of those in the future.

I was going to try and make this marble paper, but between the paint, my time, and not even knowing how to create this marble art- I figured I'd pass. I will pay the $4.50 and shipping. Thank you very much! It arrived in perfect condition all wrapped up in a tube. I just used scrapbook paper flat glue dots to attach the paper to the back of the matte.

I love it! This wall art is a keeper for a while. I don't see my self changing it out anytime soon. Unless I buy this Pirouette Marbled Paper - Turquoise, Apricot & Raspberry. Love that one too!

The black, gold, and silver is beautiful in person. You can see and feel the texture of the paint. I just picked out the area I wanted to cut for my large frame and then I used the left overs for my smaller frames.




You can also buy the paper in size 8.5 x 11 HERE. I think a set of 9 8x10 frames (3 rows of 3) with this marbled paper would look stunning above a bed, above a fire place, or any focal point in the room.





Even 3 of these square IKEA frames would look nice on a wall or above a bed.




LOL, you can see my poor bald topiary. hahaha!




If you are lucky enough to have a space for the full sheet you can get a nice reasonably priced frame at IKEA. The rectangle Ribba frame is under $25. I used the square Ribba frame which I already had.





Source- HERE



This is the picture that caught my eye and when I fell in love with the paper. Can you see the marble paper peeking out at you on the left side?



Source- HERE


Also, this paper would make beautiful wrapping paper for a special occasion!






2 comments:

Grammie Linda said...

Great job you are so crafty, love the art work.. Beautiful Home!!!

ingeniero Ernesto Ibáñez said...

Excellent blog, Congrats to the Web Master, nice colors and text.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. God bless you.

Cherry Marmalade Recipe

Geetings from Venezuela.