Friday, April 22, 2011

Topiary- FAIL!

I have been wanting to make this project for over a year!!

Remember THIS post? Well, that stick I found was for my topiary project. I bought the boxwood floral plants last summer. I was only going to buy 1, but I bought 2 since they were on sale for 50% off. I used my 40% off coupon for the urn.

I never pay full price for anything over $5.00 at Hobby Lobby or Micheal's. I always wait for a coupon and then I get what I need. Usually every other week the different sections go on sale again, so I like to wait for the 50% off sale for the floral, scrap book paper, frames, ect since the coupon is only 40%.

Back to the topiary..... I finally tackled the project the other night and I needed more boxwood!! I was super excited since this week was 50% off floral!! But, they don't have any boxwoods right now:( It must be seasonal? I have checked Michael's in the past, but they don't seem to sell it. So, I bought a smaller foam ball and I am going to have to redo it. It is a little bigger than I wanted anyway, since I forgot the tree would make it larger. I think it took me almost 2 hours to make this. Oh, well. For right now I just have the ball spot in the back. I will fix it soon, lol.
The supplies





He doesn't look bad from the front, but the sides and back defiantly need some rogaine.


Poor bald topiary :(


4 comments:

Nikkie Mac said...

It is cute!

Jennifer said...

It's not a fail! It looks great from the front!!!!

Corin said...

Looks great! From the front! LOL!

No, really it looks great!

Grammie Linda said...

Love it