Thursday, June 30, 2011

House Party- Canning


I was super excited to win this House Party!! I have been wanting to can for a few years now and this was a great party package to get me started!!

I had a small party. My friend Shersti was the only one that was able to make it. She is a canning pro, so I am glad she was able to come and help me learn!! Thanks again Shersti!! :O)

Here is the awesome party pack they sent! Thanks House Party!






We made Strawberry Salsa. It was yummy!! I actually made another batch the other day. I have already ate 2 jars! It is great on chicken and sandwiches!

Strawberry Salsa
(I doubled the recipe and got 3 jars with each batch)




1 cup Strawberries, chopped
1 can Diced Tomatoes, drained 1 small White Onion, chopped
1 Jalapeno, seeded and minced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 Tbs Lime Juice
1 Tbs Vegetable Oil
pinch Salt



Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Then I canned it. If you just want to eat it right away...... Chill, covered for 2 hours before serving.




No comments: