Saturday, September 10, 2011

2011 TO DO List Updates

I just came across this and wanted to do updates back in June, but totally forgot. Lets see how well I have been doing checking things off my list.

This is a re post from January. New stuff/ updates will be in BLUE.


Instead of resolutions, I like to write out little "to do" lists for the new year. Here are some things I'd/ we'd like to accomplish this year:

1-Get pregnant with baby number 2! Hopefully this will happen in the next 3 months and we will have a baby this year too. We having been trying for a few months. It took 6 month to become pregnant with Madison, so God willing we will have a baby by the end of the year or early next year.

Well, I know for sure we will not have a baby this year..... Hopefully next summer? Madison wants a baby sister really bad. She has told me twice and she thinks baby pictures of her are of her baby sister, lol. We have been trying for 1 year this month. I have endometriosis and that can cause some getting preggo issues. I have an appt. to see my Dr next month to see what we can do to help us get pregnant. I am not sad, I am blessed with a beautiful baby girl. I was told I wasn't even going to be able to carry a baby (I also have half a uterus). I always saw myself with 2-3 kids, and if for some reason I am not meant to be pregnant again, we can always adopt.

30 weeks pregnant with Madison

2- Get Madison out of diapers. Potty training is hard work!

In Progress............Madison did go number 2 though..... once. Yes, we took a picture (JR did) You mighty want to close your eyes for a second and scroll down if you have a weak tummy and aren't into seeing poop. lol.

3-Organize and declutter whole house

Almost DONE! We were going to have a yard sale this weekend, but JR forgot he had plans. Maybe next weekend?

4- Get this desk D.O.N.E!!!!
I bought this on craigslist over 2 years ago. It is half sanded and most of the drawers are stained. JR pulled out his sander and was helping me this Fall, but between other projects and just being super busy these past few months we haven't have time to finish. Plus, the garage is too darn cold to work in. Not to mention it is hiding under boxes, and random other things since the car is in the garage. See you soon poor desk!


Check DONE!! 5- Tile Laundry Room- Pictures HERE.

6-Finish the molding edge on kitchen end of the kitchen counter and fix the ones facing the stove

KINDA DONE? 7- Finish my topiary project. I have to redo the top with a smaller ball. You can read more about this project HERE.

8- Recover poodle lamps I bought at tj maxx on clearance. Check Done!! I just have to post pics.

Check!! 9- Change scrapbook paper in frames Read about it HERE

10- Hang Frames I had to move........ Umm Check!? I have no idea what this is referring to, but I must of took car of it already.

11- Alphabet wall- CHECK!! read about it HERE!

12- Seal and organize kitchen cabinets- Half a check!

13-Order and catch up with Madison's photo album- I am so behind on this.... blah. I have all I can do to keep this blog up to date. NEED to work on this..... and organizing pics on the computer!!

14- Madison's baby scrapbook

15- Madison's baby memory book

16- Sort and organize old photos I have 2 totes sitting next to my bed that I just don't want to deal with. NEED to do this asap!

17 - Finish painting projects I have in the garage (hook plaque, number plague) I think I want to make this instead of a number plaque hook rack.

18- frame coral- check. Just remembered what number 10 was talking about, lol. Need to post pics.

19- Touch up paint around the house

20- sand/ paint white table- ALMOST DONE!! This is now gray and just has to have a coat of poly put on it. JR took this one over since I gave up after I put 2 coats of white on it and didn't like it.

21- Make a wreath for the front door- Check! Read about it HERE.

22- touch up paint on door (I think our holiday wreath scratched it)

23- Organize cookbook pages that I printed out or tore out of magazines

24- Keep up with laundry! Ummm Nope.... This is such a HARD thing for me to keep up with. I should be doing laundry right now actually. I just wind up doing it all one day instead of a little every day or two. I hate folding too. Sometimes it will sit in the clean basket for days. Sometimes it doesn't even make it out of the dryer....... yikes!!

25- Take me time, don't get so stress out and enjoy everyday. Oh, Boy. This is a HUGE struggle for me. I haven't had a hair cut in about 6- 7 months!!! CRAZY!! I usually go every 2 months at least. The summer just got super busy and life just happened. I did make an appt for next week. so YAY!! As far as stress...... when I wrote this I had no idea what stress was, ha!! For the first time in my life I found out what stress is. The past 2 months have been extremely hard and I am working on moving on from things I have no control over.

I am slowly moving forward and start getting back to my old self. I was hurt like I have never been hurt before by someone very close to me.......... I still am very confused and may not ever understand what happened. What I do know for sure is.........

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
---Dr. Seuss

“Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can’t change. Life’s too short to be anything… but happy.”-Anonymous

Ephesians 4:29-32, “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” (NIV)

26- Laugh more

27- Learn some new recipes. Tuesdays are now Taco Tuesdays and Friday or Saturday is homemade pizza day. This is going well.

28- JR's braces will hopefully be removed soon. CHECK!!! Then his implant for his baby tooth can get started. This is getting started at the end of the month!

29- Replace Master Bath tub- Pictures coming soon of our new master bath!

1 comment:

Corin said...

I wish you nothing but the best of luck and prayers on getting PG. But you did quite well on the other stuff on your list. Good job!

And that mud run looks like a lot of fun :0)