Monday, October 24, 2011

Lesson 3 ~Praying For Your Husband or Future Husband~

Day 3

Pray that your husband will be humble and quick to agree with God about his sin. Pray that his heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord.

Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my shameful deeds -- they haunt me day and night. Against you, and you alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight. You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgment against me is just.(psalms 51:2-4)

No, O people, the LORD has already told you what is good, and this is what he requires: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
(Micah 6:8)

I came across this interesting article about Ten Sins of the Christian Husband Or of Any Husband For That Matter. The article is written by Pastor Greg Baker and can be found HERE .
Click on the "HERE" to view the whole article. (Below I just listed main topics).
Ten Sins of the Christian Husband Or of Any Husband For That Matter
By Pastor Greg Baker
Sin #1
Failure to fulfill their God-given duties
Sin #2
An unwillingness to take responsibility
Sin #3
Reactive instead of proactive
Sin #4
Uninvolved in child rearing
Sin #5
Failure to understand that good sex is a lifestyle not an action
Sin #6
Developing private worlds that exclude the wife and children
Sin #7
Spiritual followers rather than spiritual leaders
Sin #8
Boring and unimaginative
Sin #9
Ignorant and insensitive to the ten basic needs of a wife: 1. Communication 2. Financial and physical security 3. Demonstration of affection 4. Non-sexual touch 5. Needs to be praised for effort 6. Spiritual growth 7. Emotional release 8. Family togetherness 9. Reaffirmation of her beauty 10. Time alone with her husband. Find ways to give her each of these ten basic needs. She'll love you for it.
Sin #10
Failure to prepare for the Future

No comments: