Friday, October 21, 2011

You're Invited! ~31 Days Lesson~Praying For Your Husband or Future Husband

Hi Friends and Family!

My bible study girls and I are doing a little study about praying for our husband or significant other(future husband) and learning how to be a better wife/ girlfriend. I am going to be sending out daily emails to my bible study group and also some friends that are interested. I'd love to include others that are interested also, so I decided to do a little blog series on this topic. Hopefully it will bless your lives and families as much as I am hoping it will bless the lives of my friends. I hope you will join us on this exciting adventure! I will also include some other fun tips, advice, and ideas that pop into my brain. I haven't planned out any of this out, so I am just going to go for it. I am such a planner and this is all new to me. We are all going to take this journey together! (My bible study group is private because we share prayer requests, stuff that is going on in our lives, ect). So I will not be sharing personal experiences that we chat about in my group besides some of my own on the blog for privacy reasons for friends. But, I will include everything else in the lessons. If any blog readers would love to add any comments, ideas, prayer requests, or anything else they would like to share...... please feel free to leave a comment below the posts. I'd love to hear how things are going for you and how God has blessed your life or marriage!

Proverbs 31:10
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.


source

Lets talk a little bit about what Marriage means to me.

I am from a broken home. Growing up I thought divorce was the normal thing to do. I was raised by my mother, step dad, and my father. All my friends were from divorced families, so I never thought I was abnormal. I thought once you got married, then when things don't work out or you get bored with each other you just divorced. I thought everyone had practice wives or husbands and the reality spending your life with your one true love was only for fairy tales. But, I wanted that fairy tale to be my reality. I wanted my children to never know what divorce was.

When I was little I remember dreaming of finding my prince charming and being a beautiful princess on my wedding day just like every girl. I knew I wanted to find a guy that wasn't just going to be my husband. I also wanted to find my best friend and I wanted us to spend the rest of our lives together FOREVER and live happily ever after! Was that too much to ask for? Well, I prayed to God to send me my prince charming. I was so blessed to have this prayer request answered.

When I met my husband JR I realized my dreams can really come true and that Marriage and happy endings aren't just for fairy tales. Of course, it didn't happen as quick as it does in the movies. In fact we were engaged for 3 years before we tied the knot. We both wanted to finish college before we got married. I knew when I got married it was going to be to the man that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. When I got married it was going to be Till Death Do Us Part not Till Divorce Do Us Part.

Genesis 2:22-24
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Of course there are circumstances where two people defiantly shouldn't stay married. These are my personal opinions and I don't have anything against people who are divorced or want/ need to get divorce. Such as if you are in an abusive relationship and you don't see thing ever getting better. Your spouse cheats on you, or commits other sins and you don't want to reconcile. Even staying in a marriage just for the kids isn't always the answer. They know you aren't happy. I don't think that would be a happy childhood.

Here is a little sneak peek at Lesson One.

Marriage is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. I knew that I had to marry the right person if I was only going to do it once. But marrying the right person is just the beginning.

Once you marry the right person, wouldn't be nice to be given a manual on how to be a good wife?

Nobody handed you a manual on how to be a good wife, right? Some people are blessed with a wonderful motherly role model and you know the basics on how to be a loving, caring wife.

Well, there is a manual out there and it is called Proverbs.

The Bible says that a godly wife will do her husband good and not evil all the days of her life (Proverbs 31:12).

What are some ways that you can do your husband good?

Bless your husband by praying for him!

In this study we are going to be covering topics in 31 Days of Praying For Your Husband By Nancy Leigh DeMoss that I found online HERE.

The Apostle Paul instructed all Christians to pray for one another (Ephesians 6:18). This includes wives’ responsibility and privilege to pray for their husbands. Earnest prayer for your husband is good for him, for you and the spiritual health of your home (Proverbs 31:11-12).

Satan desires to destroy your husband, especially his character and his leadership in your relationship. Trust God through prayer as you daily surrender your husband and marriage to the Lord’s wise, loving care.

Please join me in 31 days of prayer for our husbands. If you are single, why not pray these prayers for your future husband? How is God working in your marriage through prayer?

See you back here on Monday for Lesson One!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Great Post,

I have always admired your commitment to your marriage. May God make it even stronger!

Good idea even as a single gal!

People on the Move Magazine said...

Hello...
I first want to thank God for this awesome post to be a blessing and encouragement to couples contemplating marriage and those that already are. I am entering day 29 but I was not able to find the the lesson for days 29, 30'
, or 31. Please help.

I can be reached at mary@peopleonthemoveandyou.com

Thanks and p,ease continue to keep Mary Wells and Kenneth Paul Hatcher in your prayers and our families .

Thank you!