Sunday, November 20, 2011

Finally! It is DONE! Drum Roll Please!

BEFORE

The only progress picture I had. This is one of my sanding attempts.

AFTER!

It was a cloudy day and so hard to get a good picture of the color. I love it! It is the perfect shade of blue.

I LOVE the hardware!

I put some fun gift wrap paper inside the drawers. (From Marshalls last Christmas)

This had to be the world's longest project for me. I think I bought this desk from craigslist about 2.5 years ago. It sat in the garage until I decided what I wanted to do with it. Then it sat some more. I finally started sanding it last year, then I stopped. Then started again and started to stain it. But, I wasn't sure I loved it so I stopped. Poor JR wanted his garage back.

Then last month I stumbled across Danielle's Desk from Danielle Oakey Interiors. I instantly fell in love and knew that was what I wanted my desk to look like.

This is the picture of Danielle's desk that I fell in love with......I'd say this picture is a better idea of what the actually color looks like in real life.


source

I learned she used Rustoleums Protective Enamel Gloss Royal Blue 7727 and gold 51mm x 43mm BBZ Ring Pull's from Lee Valley. Check out her great questions and answers post HERE that had me running to Home Depot at the first chance I got. I tried Walmart and Lowes, but they didn't carry that color.


3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

It looks amazing, Kelly!! Very well done and worth the wait!! :-)

XO,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Good for you Kelly! Amazing job!
Krista

Corin said...

I love it! Great job!