Thursday, August 16, 2012

If You Really Knew Me...

I've seen these If You Really Knew Me posts floating around the bloggy world, and I'm finally jumping on the bandwagon. I have enjoyed reading them and thought they were fun, but never thought I'd do one. I didn't think I could come up with much because I am pretty boring. Well, I tell ya what I started jotting stuff down on a post it note last week and I have a list, lol. I guess I am not as boring as I thought :) I hope you enjoy reading it. I would love reading yours too, so if you have one or make a post- please link it in the comments below!
If You Really Knew Me...You would know I am honest- sometimes too honest.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know sometimes I say things without thinking.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know I can keep a secret, but I am a horrible liar.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that sometimes when I talk to people I worry if they took something the wrong way or I shouldn't of said something. This can bother me for days.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I am a worry wart and google is not my friend. I will convince myself that I am dying at least a few times a year, lol.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I have no problem telling someone they have something in their teeth or toilet paper attached to their foot. I will even give you floss (I usually have some in my purse).

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I love helping people. I will often go out of my way to do so. If you are looking confused and cant find something or can't reach something at the store- I am your girl. People think I work there sometimes. Need a hand? sugar? babysitter? Whatever you need.....

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I love to cook and bake.
If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I don't love grocery shopping.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that even thought I could live on fruit and vegetables, I could never be a vegetarian. I love a nice juicy burger from the grill every now and then. Plus I love chicken and turkey on Thanksgiving.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I don't drink coffee. I don't like the taste and I don't want to be one of those people that need it to wake up in the morning. But, I do like Haagen- Dazs coffee ice cream. That is a little piece of heaven. I haven't bought it in years because I will eat the whole container by myself.
If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I have to wash my face, floss and brush my teeth before bed. No matter what.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I love very hot showers.


If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I love arts and crafts and almost went to art school.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I took a semester off from college after high school because I had no clue what I wanted to do. I quickly realized what I didn't want to do and enrolled in college that following Spring.


If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I wound up changing my major. I started off going to school for dental hygiene, but them switched to dental assisting. We had to do an observation of a dental office and I really liked the idea of getting to help with different procedures, not doing the same thing every day, taking impressions, playing in the lab, and I still had to get my radiology license so I was able to take x rays, which I loved doing. I loved my three day weekends and crazy amount of vacation time! My girls I worked with were the best and I had an awesome boss.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I could never have the type of job where I would have to sit behind a desk all day.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I love sticky notes.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I am a list maker.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that even though I loved my old job, my new job is the best job in the world!! I am so blessed to be a stay at home mommy and have an early retirement!

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that there were days when Madison was a baby that I would of loved to of had a job to go at least part time. Some days were so hard and it would of been nice to have a break! We got through it and I learned how to be more social and join a wonderful mommy group.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I loved being pregnant, but was scared to death of actually having a baby. I wound up having a c section and not having to push out a baby, but that was still scary! I had to have an emergency c section because they tested if I could feel them and I did! So they put me under and when I woke up I had a baby. It was so strange to see Madison at the bottom of the bed!! She was worth all 3 days of labor and waiting for her to arrive at the hospital.


If You Really Knew Me...You would know that we have been trying for baby number 2 for two years. The first year was a little stressful, but this past year I realized God has a plan and whatever is meant to be will happen. I am so blessed to have had Madison and have a wonderful pregnancy with her. I was told I couldn't even have any kids. I have endometriosis, half a uterus, and one good tube and ovary. I am more sad for Madison that she might not have a sibling. But, we can always adopt. I hate to say it, but my baby fever is slowly fading. I really enjoy Madison's Independence and being out of the baby stage. It is hard work and I have had plenty of sleepless nights, crying (both me and Madison), poopy diapers, and fun grocery shopping with a cranky baby. Of course, I would be thrilled if I got pregnant next month and would welcome all the fun baby stuff that goes with having a baby. It really is all worth it in the end. I shouldn't complain, Madison was the best baby ever and still is very good. I know we were very VERY lucky. I am not sure if we would get lucky twice in a row? If we adopt I would consider a child a year younger or around Madison's age. I wouldn't mind skipping the sleepless nights and potty training one bit.



If You Really Knew Me...You would know that I can be sensitive at times and my feelings get hurt easily.

If You Really Knew Me...You would know that my heart is big and I have so much love and compassion.






If you really knew me... you would know that my Love Language is Words of Affirmation. That means "There is nothing that makes me happier than hearing positive words from people I love. Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important–hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten".


If you really knew me... you would know that I'm very shy. People think I am way more out going than I really am.

If you really knew me... you would know that I can have a hard time making new friends. Since I have become a mom, I have gotten way better at this. But, I can feel and act awkward around people I just meet.

If you really knew me... you would know that I am a home body. I love to stay home especially if Madison is in bed and JR is out with the boys playing Poker or something. I really enjoy just relaxing, putting my pjs on, and watching tv, or catching up on my favorite blogs.

If you really knew me... you would know that I'd rather snuggle and watch a movie at home rather than going to the movies. Of course, I love me some popcorn and 3D fun every now and then. But, usually I am a cheap date.

If you really knew me... you would know that I also have a wild side and would have so much fun going out dancing or at least look like I know how to dance. Give me a drink and I will be good to go, lol.

If you really knew me... you would know that I wish I could sing and dance. God has not gifted me with either of these talents. Not even close :(

If you really knew me... you would know that I love strawberry margaritas and pina coladas. Sometimes even getting caught in the rain........ this song puts a smile on my face every time.


If you really knew me... you would know that I love a good thunder storm.

If you really knew me... you would know that I don't like driving on the highway (I will if I have to). I also don't like driving at night, heavy rain, or heavy snow.

If you really knew me... you would know that I almost had my first kiss in 7th grade, but we both had braces and really thought we would get caught on each others braces. I slid down the wall and he hit the wall. He never called me again :( I really liked that boy too.

If you really knew me... you would know that 7th grade was my awkward year. I grew tall, only weighed 97lbs, got glassed, and had braces. Not a cute look. I will spare you the picture. Plus we lived in Florida and I didn't know what a flat iron was. My hair was a frizzy hot mess.

If you really knew me... you would know that I have to make sure all the doors are locked before bed. Sometimes I will even check twice.

If you really knew me... you would know that I believe in fairy tales.


If you really knew me... you would know that I think French is the most beautiful language in the world. I wish I remember more from the 2 years that I took it in school.

If you really knew me... you would know that I am a morning person, but I can get cranky at night if I am tired.

If you really knew me... you would know that I have never seen a ghost, but I believe they are real.

If you really knew me... you would know that I am allergic to cats, but I could never get rid of Ginger. I am also allergic to dust, pollen, ragweed, feathers, mold, and penicillin.

If you really knew me... you would know that I don't cry easily, but when I do I will cry buckets. Have you ever seen the movie The Notebook? Just give me a whole box of tissues.

If you really knew me... you would know that I hate doing laundry. My husband is amazing and if I am behind and he is free he will help me fold and put away. Love him to pieces!

If you really knew me... you would know that when I was little I loved Punky Brewster. I wanted to be her or Snow White.



If you really knew me... you would know that I don't get sick often and have only thrown up about 5 times my whole life. I was so lucky I didn't have morning sickness with Madison.

If you really knew me... you would know that my toilet paper has to unwind from the top. If I am at your house and you have it backwards, I might just fix it for you.


If you really knew me... you would know that I like things to be straight and symmetrical. It bothers me when things like clocks, frames, and books are crooked.

If you really knew me... you would know that I notice the fine details IN EVERYTHING.

If you really knew me... you would know that the older I get the worse I am about procrastinating. I work well under pressure and will often wait until the last minute or the day before to do what I have to do.

If you really knew me... you would know that often take on more than I can handle and commit myself to too many projects, or events.

If you really knew me... you would know that I say yes to way too much. I have a hard time saying no. But, I am working on this. I know it is okay to say no, or that I will have to pass this time.

If you really knew me... you would know that I hate to run out of things. I usually have a back up. Sometimes my back up floss might even have a back up.


You want thingamabobs? I got twenty?



If you really knew me... you would know that I am an only child, but married into a wonderful family and now I have a ton of wonderful brothers and sisters.

If you really knew me... you would know that I have more friends now that I am a mom than I have had my whole life.

If you really knew me... you would know that growing up I had more boys as friends than girls as friends. I just have always had more in common with boys.

If you really knew me... you would know that I met my husband in high school and I asked him to my prom.


If you really knew me... you would know that I married my best friend.



If you really knew me... you would know that I love the excitement of moving to a new place. (Although next year when we move I am sure I will be a nervous wreck).

If you really knew me... you would know that I am a really good listener.

If you really knew me... you would know that I wanted to be a psychologist.

If you really knew me... you would know that I am not afraid to try new things or take risks.

If you really knew me... you would know that I love to laugh.

If you really knew me... you would know that my favorite color is turquoise. I love pretty much all shades of blue and green. I also love Yellow. It is so bright and happy.



If you really knew me... you would know that I hate talking on the phone now, but in high school I lived on the phone.

If you really knew me... you would know that I am a planner.

If you really knew me... you would know that if I wasn't shy I'd go to Zumba school and become an instructor.



If you really knew me... you would know that one summer during college I took a 6 week nail tech program just for fun. I had never intended on ever working in a salon. I love art and I felt the need to be creative. I was able to shop at the beauty supply store and get huge discounts on hair and nail products. It was nice and I still have my Chi Hairdryer from 10 years ago that I use all the time.

If you really knew me... you would know that I have only gotten a professional manicure/ pedicure only once in my life. I enjoy doing my own nails. I'd rather buy my own polish than paying someone to do my nails. Plus I went to school for it! lol.

If you really knew me... you would know that I don't like people touching me.

If you really knew me... you would know that I am a little bit if a germaphobe.

If you really knew me... you would know that it is not uncommon for me to brush my teeth 4 or 5 times a day.

If you really knew me... you would know that I can be funny.

If you really knew me... you would know that I can be silly.



If you really knew me... you would know that just last month I finally got a text plane because everyone I know texts and I was going over my monthly allowance of texts.


If you really knew me... you would know that my favorite store is Target.

If you really knew me... you would know that I am horrible about getting through a book before picking up another one. I think I am on book 6 of the Harry Potter series. I got pregnant with Madison and started reading baby books. I still don't know if Harry is dead or alive.

If you really knew me... you would know that I get easily distracted. I will start one thing (lets say emptying the dishwasher) I have 10 things going on in my head and go do something else that I have to do. Then I will check my email. Then off to something else. Then oh yeah, I forgot I have dishes to do. I will then finish what I started 2 hours prior.

If you really knew me... you would know that I like to dance like nobody is watching.





If you really knew me... you would know that I can easily be working on 3 or 4 different projects at one time.

If you really knew me... you would know that I am creative.

If you really knew me... you would know that I haven't opened my sewing machine from Christmas because I want to finish other projects before I start sewing projects. Plus I am kinda intimidated by it.

If you really knew me... you would know that I am slightly dyslexic. Every now and then I catch myself reading a word wrong if I look at it too quick. I am not sure if that really makes me dyslexic, but that's my excuse.

If you really knew me... you would know that I get bored easily.

If you really knew me... you would know that I love pizza and could easily eat it 5 days a week.

If you really knew me... you would know that I love to eat ice cream. I could easily eat it every night, but don't. My favorite flavor ice cream is Vanilla Bean.

If you really knew me... you would know that I love to laugh.

If you really knew me... you would know that I love learning new things.

If you really knew me... you would know that I love God, my family, and my friends.

If you really knew me... you would know that I have been blessed with a wonderful daughter and husband.

If you really knew me... you would know that I have never been in a tanning bed. I had the best tan when I lived in Florida and played outside all day long.

If you really knew me... you would know that I have never smoked or have tried any drugs. In elementary school we were named the smoke free class of 2000 and I always remembered that. I am so glad I have never picked up that bad habit.

If you really knew me... you would know that I have only died my hair once (before I got married to remove the red from the sun). I wanted to do something crazy for my 30th Birthday, but I chickened out. I wanted to do some blond highlights or something fun, but I don't want to deal with the maintenance.

If you really knew me... you would know that I have 7 piercings. I will let you guess where.

If you really knew me... you would know that I don't have any tattoos and don't ever see me ever getting any.

If you really knew me... you would know that some people think I have it all together, but I really don't. Not even close.

If you really knew me... you would know that I am a girly girl, but don't mind getting dirty.


Me and JR at the Mudathalon a couple yrs ago.


If you really knew me... you would know that I kinda want to be a biker chick, but I am too chicken to ever drive a motorcycle.

If you really knew me... you would know that I kinda wish I had more fun in college. Instead I lived at home and worked 2 jobs.

If you really knew me... you would know that I am scared of flying, the dark, and sharks.

If you really knew me... you would know that I love to sleep, but if something is bothering me I will have insomnia. This has happened twice in my life. When Madison was a baby I was so upset how I couldn't keep up with the house and I felt so overwhelmed. I finally felt like I had free time when I woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep, so I cleaned the entire kitchen. I felt so much better after I was done I was able to sleep. The second time wasn't even my kitchen, lol. It was during vacation and I cleaned the house we were renting. I had to keep my mind busy.

If you really knew me... you would know that I am addicted to going to the gym. I love going and actually crave it! After I had Madison I could barely make it 10 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical. Now I can do an hour- an hour and a half and its a piece a cake!


If you really knew me... you would know that I love this quote and I try to remember it often.




5 comments:

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

What a fun post! You truly are an amazing girl.

Lys said...

Love this post! Now that I "really know you" I know we have quite a bit in common, more than I would have guessed.

Liesel said...

I believe the only thing that really surprised!me was the seven piercings. I guess I really know you :)!

The Estes Family said...

You and me are the same person I think!!!! LOL!
Loved reading this!!!! You are such a sweet person!

Booth Family said...

That was too cute! I got to know you even better! :)