I am participating in A Bowl Full of Lemons Organizing Challenge.
Here are the goals for this week to complete the organizing challenge of the Laundry Room. If you visit ABFOL'S Blog, you can take a tour of her Laundry Room. She linked it to her Week 2 post.
(via ABFOL Blog)
WEEK #2 TASK – The Laundry Room:
Complete the challenge this week & you can create a space that’s functional & visually appealing to you.
WEEK #2 CHECKLIST: (Print out the checklist HERE)
2. PURGE – Purge anything that doesn’t belong. Toss empty detergent bottles, trash, donate unwanted or un-needed items and put things away.
3. CLEAN – Pull out the washer/dryer and vacuum behind it. Clean out the dryer vent. Wipe down the outside of the washer and dryer. Clean out the washer. Pour 1 cup of bleach into the drum, then run a full wash cycle on the hottest setting (empty). Wipe down all shelving, walls, baseboards, doors, switch plates & dust the light.
4. ORGANIZE – After the laundry room is clean, it’s time to put everything away. Organize your laundry supplies, using bins, baskets, etc. Keep in mind, if you haven’t used something in the last 12 months, purge it. Don’t put it back in the laundry room. Label each container.
Stain remover tools
6. CLEANING CADDY – Put together a cleaning caddy. Place all necessary household cleaners in it.
7. DECORATE – Finally, you can decorate your laundry room to make it more inviting.
Here are several blog posts that will inspire you to get your laundry room organized.
1. Laundry Room Organization – 2014
3. Laundry Room Organization – 2012